Mumbai: 7 Khoon Maaf has hit Bollywood headlines with actress Priyanka Chopra playing the role of a woman who gets married in every stage of her life, from the age of 20-65. The actress claims that this movie will be a new experience for the viewers as it will be a black comedy in the Bollywood after a long time.
The movie tells about the journey of Suzanna to find love and this beautiful woman who goes on to kill all her seven husbands in the process. The film is actually based on the short story – Susanna’s Seven Husbands – by Ruskin Bond. Priyanka said that the lead role of Suzanna portrayed by her is difficult and complicated. She also added that the movie is a black comedy rather than a drama or suspense thriller.
For the film, she said that, ageing on screen was the most difficult task.
Priyanka also shared the experience of working with Naseeruddin Shah, Irrfan Khan and Annu Kapoor. She described it as a nerve wrecking experience to work with these expert actors who played three of her seven husbands in the movie. It will be the first time that we see her on screen with these actors.
She said it was most comfortable to work with John Abraham as she had already appeared with him in 3 earlier films. The actress also said that she shared a good rapport with Neil Nitin Mukesh and Vivan Shah during the shoot of the movie.
As the film is based on marriage, there will be intimate scenes and the actress said that she tried to enact them to the best of her comfort.
The director, Vishal Bharadwaj, said Priyanka to be one of the finest actresses around and has plans to cast her in a musical film too. He is also happy that the film passed the censor board without a single cut, though it earned an ‘A’ certificate.
- Black Swan Movie Review – Shockya.com
- Hyped Actresses who Flopped at the BO
- Katrina likely to take home Rajneeti honours
- Oscar & Emmy Watch: Musings & Misgivings: The Screen Actors Guild Awards – Technorati
- 3 Idiots, Bachchan, Vidya claim top honours
- Singing Stars of Bollywood
- Mumbaikars defy Sena
- The MPAA’s ‘Black Swan’-'Blue Valentine’ double standard? – Los Angeles Times
- Pop diva Shakira to sing for Bollywood flick
- Oscar dreamer was a Bollywood wannabe