(vIndianz, April 3 2010): The Hrithik-Barbara sizzler Kites is likely to be screened at the 63rd Cannes Film Festival this year. The Cannes event that gets underway from May 12 to 23 will see the Anurag Basu directed movie being shown is a slot in Special Screening.
The film got chosen following a mega promotion the makers had organized in Cannes last year, with Hrithik Roshan and Barbara Mori staying at the French Riviera for the promotion. The film’s rough cut was screened for publicists and buyers among others.
Meanwhile, apart from the Kites stars and crew, Indian presence will have added numbers this year when the Cannes festival opens. Anupam Kher and Frieda Pinto will be there with their You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger, Woody Allen’s latest creation which also stars Anthony Hopkins and Naomi Watts.
Back in India, the music of Kites is already turning a rage. Composed by Rajesh Roshan, the Kites album has five originals and four remixes. Romance the key theme in most songs. The most important highlight is that the album also has a song crooned by Hrithik Roshan. It is expected that the movie will open in theatres on May 21.
- Barbara Mori goes topless
- Star-Studded AIDS Gala Raises Record 10M Dollars – NPR
- Ten films to look out for at Cannes – Reuters
- Cannes 2011: Palme d’Or race begins to come into focus – Los Angeles Times
- Raavan at Cannes
- Robert De Niro Named President of Cannes Jury – Hollywood Reporter
- Cannes Film Festival 2011: five to watch – Telegraph.co.uk
- Cannes gets some unlikely sunshine from a black-and-white silent movie – Vancouver Sun
- Hindi Horror Film, ‘Siski’ at London’s Film Festival
- ‘The Beaver,’ ‘Source Code’ to lead SXSW Film Festival » – Los Angeles Times